Kinleith Mill/Henry Bruce & Sons

This mill which made printings, browns, coloureds, and later featherweight paper began in 1824 and ran until 1966. It boasted one of the most prominant landmarks on the Water of Leith 'Willies Lum' a 280ft chimney. Owned by Henry Bruce and Sons from 1844, it was absorbed into the Inveresk Group in 1928.

Papermaking-on-water-of-leith/Map.jpg James Inglis & Co Canonmills Dalry Mill Lumsdaines / Jinkabout Mill Bog’s / Vernours Mill Waulk Mill of Colinton / Kate’s Mill Redhall Mill Kirkland Mill West Mill Mossy Mill / Wester Waulk Mill Upper Spylaw Mill Woodhall Mill Kinleith Mill / Henry Bruce & Sons Balerno Papermill / Kinauld Leatherworks Byrnie Mill Balerno Bank Mill / John Galloway & Co Ltd Townhead Mill

MILLS ON THE WATER OF LEITH
1.James Inglis & Co 9.West Mill
2.Canonmills 10.Mossy Mill / Wester Waulk Mill
3.Dalry Mill 11.Upper Spylaw Mill
4.Lumsdaines / Jinkabout Mill 12.Woodhall Mill
5.Bog’s / Vernours Mill 13.Kinleith Mill / Henry Bruce & Sons
6.Waulk Mill of Colinton / Kate’s Mill 14.Balerno Papermill / Kinauld Leatherworks
7.Redhall Mill 15.Byrnie Mill
8.Kirkland Mill 16.Balerno Bank Mill / John Galloway & Co Ltd
  17. Townhead Mill

© Copyright -All rights reserved Sapphire 2013